It’s the vibe of it. It’s the constitution. It’s Mabo. It’s justice. It’s law. It’s the vibe and ah, no that’s it. It’s the vibe. I rest my case. - Three Good Blokes tackle the Best of Victoria - CycleBlaze

October 17, 2022

It’s the vibe of it. It’s the constitution. It’s Mabo. It’s justice. It’s law. It’s the vibe and ah, no that’s it. It’s the vibe. I rest my case.

Mansfield to Eildon

It’s another crisp clear day in Mansfield. Breakfast and coffee was at the very popular Mansfield coffee merchant before we head off on the Great Victorian rail trail that takes us directly to Bonnie Doon. ‘The Castle’ is my favourite movie of all time and we search out Darryl’s holiday house which turns out to be a holiday rental. What a place!

The rail trail out of Mansfield
Heart 6 Comment 0
We’re going to Bonnie Doon, we’re going to Bonnie Doon
Heart 6 Comment 0
It’s not a house. It’s a home.
Heart 5 Comment 0
How’s the serenity. So much serenity
Heart 5 Comment 1
Heart 5 Comment 0

It’s hard to imagine that the rest of the days ride could surpass what I’d just seen in Bonnie Doon. It probably didn’t but it was again a stunning days ride. We rode along the shores of Lake Eildon before heading up into the hills and turning onto a dirt road. Unlike yesterday this road was dry and in good condition. We still pushed a reasonable way but nothing like the gradients up to Tolmey. Lunch was way more interesting than yesterdays with the salami and cheese making it into or panniers. The view looking down on Lake Eildon was pretty special as well. I had no idea it was so big and such a popular fishing spot. The road stayed up on the plateau, dipping up and down until finally the descending into Eildon.  

Dad reckoned that fishing was 10% brain and 95% muscle. And the rest was just good luck
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 8 Comment 0

Today's ride: 72 km (45 miles)
Total: 708 km (440 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0