Day 121 - Spokane Valley, WA to Coeur d'Alene, ID - Two Far 2023 - Oranges to Apples - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2023

Day 121 - Spokane Valley, WA to Coeur d'Alene, ID

Heart 0 Comment 0

We left the car at the hotel in Spokane Valley and headed out for a six day loop that would include the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.

The first day to Coeur d'Alene was nearly all on the Spokane River Cenntenial Trail in Washington, which connected to the North Idaho Centennial at the state line and took us right into Coeur d'Alene.

It is a very nice trail system, with views of the Spokane River almost the entire length of the trail.

Here are some views from the trail.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The Lake Coeur d'Alene waterfront had very nice facilities and was busy with people enjoying the sun and water.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 1
Rose SamsonA nice place to be on a summer day. Not crowded. You can see clearly the
opposite side of the lake. Beautiful!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived in Coeur d'Alene before 1:00 and were able to check into our room right away.  There was a sign on the door saying, "No bikes allowed in rooms", but the girl who checked us in assured us it was fine to take it in.  After we got everything in, we went in search of lunch.  It was very hot and it took Kerry a little more walking than I preferred to come to a place that suited him.  It turned out to be an excellent choice.  The bartender was interested in hearing all about Kerry's bike journey and we left, he told "lunch was paid for".  Kerry had trouble getting him to even accept a tip. It was a nice gesture and we really appreciated it.

We're going to try to get an early start tomorrow.  The temperature will rise into the upper 90's again and we are facing some serious climbing.  

Today's ride: 28 miles (45 km)
Total: 5,357 miles (8,621 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0