Day 80 - Sussex - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

June 28, 2022

Day 80 - Sussex

Today was a rest and repair day.  We spent a lazy morning in our room - I played on the computer and Kerry fiddled with the bike.  After inspecting the brakes pads, he decided that they needed to be replaced so we took a walk into town to a bike shop. They had the parts he wanted, but at more than triple the cost from Amazon.  However, the expense was more than made up for with the advice we got on a different route to Alma.  We had a route for tomorrow with some long stretches of steep grades over 10%.  It makes me worry - Kerry will say worry far out of proportion - to the real difficulty.  The route the guy at the bike shop suggested is five miles longer, but the grade tops out at 8%.  We decided that sounded like more pedaling and less "four on the floor" on the way up.

After the bike shop, we wanted to convert some cash to Canadian, so we went to the bank next to the bike shop. They said they no longer converted cash unless we had an account but suggested a bank just down the block that would. However, we were given bad advice, because that bank wouldn't convert cash either.  Finally, we went to a TD Trust branch where we had success and easily exchanged our cash. Luckily, all the banks were near each other, so it wasn't really a big issue, just a small hassle.  

With our errands done, we walked back to our room, stopping for lunch along the way.  We then spent the rest of the afternoon working on the journal and replacing the brakes and generally just chilling out.

So, now I will try not to worry - or at least worry less - about tomorrow's ride through the Fundy National Park.  I'll tell you how it went tomorrow night.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerSo good with words!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago