Day 121 - Collingwood to Alliston - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2022

Day 121 - Collingwood to Alliston

Heart 0 Comment 0

Goodbye, Huron.  Here we come, Erie.  Today we got our last glimpse of Lake Huron for this tour.  We rode east from Collingwood to Wasaga Beach and then turned south.  The western part of Wasaga Beach appears to be in a transition from old little houses to big new ones.

Small, cozy cottage
Heart 0 Comment 0
Big, boxy house. This architectural style of "stacked cubes" seems to be very popular in this area. We've seen many new homes with this type of design in the past week.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Last glimpse of Lake Huron
Heart 0 Comment 0

We headed south at Wasaga Beach and I didn't find much to photograph on the way to Alliston.

We saw a large flock of sheep.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And some horses and mules. I looked up mules and donkeys and decided these two were mules, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to be wrong.
Heart 0 Comment 0

At a rest stop a few miles before Alliston, the clerk gave Kerry back the money for the Diet Coke we bought after he looked at our jerseys and found out how far we had pedaled this summer.  That's our first free drink this year.  I'm sorry that we didn't get his name or picture.

When we got to the Red Pine Inn in Alliston, we were greeted warmly by Cora.  She was amazed at our trip and seemed so delighted to meet us.  We took each other's pictures, and she was just brimming with enthusiasm the whole time.

Kerry and Cora. I think Cora is one of those people who is amazed and delighted with life every day and spreads that joy to everyone she meets,
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 3,862 miles (6,215 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0