Day 139 - Harbor Beach to Port Sanilac - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2021

Day 139 - Harbor Beach to Port Sanilac

Heart 1 Comment 0

It was our next to last ride on the peaceful roads of the Thumb.  We gave ourselves another short day - only 31 miles today.  I'm getting very spoiled and when Kerry suggests a 50 mile route again, I may have to decline to ride that far!

The area we traversed today was not at all "touristy".  It was quiet and rural.  

I haven't had morning cows to post lately.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Rose SamsonThese cows are trained and disciplined. No "fighting". I would say they are well-behaved. Respect each other. Amazing!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Morning mowing
Heart 3 Comment 0
In the distance you can see someone driving a tractor. We didn't need to be closer to know he or she was spreading manure.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And, some farm themed yard art
Heart 1 Comment 0

Two views of Lake Huron this morning.  We were surprised not to see any freighters on the lake.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Kerry had to stop and take pictures of this train.

The view from the road.
Heart 1 Comment 0
And up close.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The railline encircled the owners entire yard and had several spurs
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hauling train parts around the yard
Heart 1 Comment 0
A full sized garage designed to house the scale railroad.
Heart 1 Comment 0

This local cyclist turned around to talk with us.  He was the first cyclist we've met in at least a month, I think.

Ted - good to meet you.
Heart 3 Comment 0

When we got to Port Sanilac, Kerry had routed us by the lighthouse.  It is privately owned and only open to the public limited hours.

The Port Sanilac Lighthouse.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Mike ObermeyerThanks for sharing the photo. My daughter loves lighthouses.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rose SamsonThis is the first time I saw a Lighthouse attached to a house or very close to a house. It is beautiful!
Good that you took this picture. I like lighthouses!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We also visited a historic home.  The mansion was built by a local physician in 1872 and has been a museum since 1964.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

I didn't find much interesting to photograph inside.  It has not been restored to it's original state.

I love hall trees.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An old organ. There was no information about it .
Heart 1 Comment 0

After our stop at the house, we rode over to our motel.  This is a big improvement over our last two little motels.  The Bellaire Motel is adjacent to this old home where the owner lives.  It used to be a bar/restaurant/lodge, but he has closed everything except the motel next door.

Heart 1 Comment 0
The Bellaire Motel
Heart 1 Comment 0
Even the Seavo has floral beauty outside her door tonight.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The entire property has gorgeous flower gardens.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Here are three particularly beautiful ornamental flowering plants.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Rose SamsonOh my! beautiful flowers. I can only wish I have them at home.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We walked a few blocks to the Blue Water for dinner, then walked down to the marina.  There are some impressive boats in the harbor.

Heart 2 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerBeautiful picture - thanks
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 2 Comment 0

And, this is Susie.  She are her husband have been traveling on their sailboat and are storing it here for the winter.  She asked us to tell our Two Far story for her YouTube channel.  

Susie
Heart 6 Comment 0

Today's ride: 31 miles (50 km)
Total: 5,229 miles (8,415 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0