Day 75 Harvey, NB - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 8, 2019

Day 75 Harvey, NB

Heart 1 Comment 0

We had a nice continental breakfast at the Winsome Inn and as we were loading the bike, this couple walked up and asked about our trip.   This is Jack and Barbara from Bridgewater, NS.  We had fun chatting with them.  It made a good start for our day.

Jack and Barbara
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our route today was very rural. We didn't go through any towns on the way to Harvey.
Heart 3 Comment 1
There were lots of scenic views.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 2
Keith A. SpanglerDid you take a dip?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithNo way - the water up here is way too cold for us!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
But we didn't view any moose.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Kerry here...  

Although today's ride was not that long (47 miles)  is was hilly, and for the first 36 miles, there were no services at all.  That is a REALLY long distance for us to go without a break.  We were both very happy when we saw a restaurant and knew that we could finally take a break and have a late lunch.  After our stop we only had 11 miles to go and we thought "no problem".  However, we had some of the steepest climbing of the day in the last three miles before we reached our AirBNB.  We were so glad to be there that we decided we'd rather be hungry than to ride an additional 4 miles into Harvey to get food, as we had originally planned.  Being that we had a late lunch, it wasn't as bad as it sounds, and truth be told, it's probably a good thing for me to miss a meal once in a while.  

Now back to Jeanna ... 

Our AirBnB was a nice lakefront house and very comfortable, except there was no note of the WIFI password.  I had a phone number for the owner, but I hadn't bought a SIM card for Canada, so my phone and Kerry's were useless.  I went to an RV next door to see if I could borrow a phone, but the old guy there was either drunk or demented our both.  He kept saying that he knew there was a phone around somewhere, but he couldn't find it.  He wanted me to get in his car so he could drive me to a place with a phone, but I declined and got out off there quickly!

Kerry and I survived our disconnected evening just fine.  We have plenty of books and games on the Surfaces to keep us entertained.  I feel bad when I can't post here every night, but that happens occasionally.

Tomorrow is a very short day to Fredericton where we are staying for two nights in a nice hotel.

Today's ride: 49 miles (79 km)
Total: 2,889 miles (4,649 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Keith A. SpanglerThanks for the great write up. Also for the info on sims card. I guess I need to look into that. Are you guys going to get one up there?
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
DAVID FAULKNERGlad your safe and sound making it to Canada
Trust all your Canadian interactions are positive
Dave
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Keith A. SpanglerWe ended up with a prepaid Canadian cellphone.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo DAVID FAULKNERWe have always had a great time during the Canadian legs of our trips. Canadians are such warm and friendly people - even the ones who spend a lot of time in Florida.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago