Day 76 Fredericton, NB - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2019

Day 76 Fredericton, NB

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today started with breakfast at a cafe in Harvey.  After no real dinner last night, I was even hungry enough for a full breakfast.  We had very good food and a delightful waitress.  This is Bailey - she helped us have a happy morning.

We had plenty of climbing, as has become standard recently, but we kept reminding ourselves that it was only 30 miles and then a day off.

A view of the road. I didn't take any other pictures today. It was just a day to pedal.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We got into our hotel room before 2PM.  The bike is living in a storage room downstairs.  We went for a walk and Kerry arranged with a bike shop (Savage's - the oldest bicycle shop in North America) to take the bike in and clean the chains.  We had a delicious lunch and now Kerry is at Savage's doing bike maintenance.  Tomorrow, we're going in search of an inexpensive cell phone to use while we're in Canada.  

Today's ride: 30 miles (48 km)
Total: 2,919 miles (4,698 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Janet Anspach-RickeyHow do you get the map on your journal? Could I do it using my phone or tablet? Janet
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Mike AylingJanet
The app/programme is called Ride with GPS but you don't have to link to your gps. I use mine on my desk top to plan rides before I do them and generate the map.

Mike
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithAs Mike said, it's our ride from Ride with GPS. When you do your entry, there is a globe icon on the far right of the entry content buttons. Click on that and it will take to a link to Ride with GPS. Ride with GPS has instructions on how to get the embedding code. You can do it from your tablet and I assume from your phone as well. Of course, this only works if you use Ride with GPS for your routes :)
Reply to this comment
4 years ago