Day 50 Guilford, CT - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2019

Day 50 Guilford, CT

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today is the birthday of our friend and cycling companion, Ken.  Ken is from Bellingham, WA.  To honor his birthday, we had a NW Washington ride today.  It was cold, wet, windy and hilly.  Happy Birthday, Ken.  We thought of you today!

I didn't take any pictures during the first half of the ride.  I had the phone and camera put away to protect them from the rain.  Once the rain stopped, I took a few pictures, but it is hard for me to use the camera wearing full finger gloves, which I needed because it was between 50 and 55 degrees all day.

Garmin led us to this entrance to the Long Wharf Trail in New Haven.  We looked at the locked gate and then saw the path around the side.  

I took this picture after we were past the gate.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kerry pushed the bike up this narrow dirt path.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Soon, we came to this rideable path.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Riding didn't last long.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Soon this muddy mess ended at US 1 and the Long Wharf Trail became paved lanes along side the highway.

Heart 0 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerI’ve been there - crazy
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Across the road was what Google Maps called Food Truck Paradise.  There were at least a dozen food trucks lined up there.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

That's the end of today's pictures.  We made a couple more stops to warm-up, encountered yet another impassable dirt trail that caused us to take a 2 mile detour and finally made it to our hotel about 7 PM.  We are happy to be clean and warm and looking forward to a warmer, drier tomorrow!

Today's ride: 44 miles (71 km)
Total: 1,922 miles (3,093 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerI hope you meet a friend up the road - say hi to them for me. (Jason and Kait)
Reply to this comment
4 years ago