Day 40 Rehoboth Beach, DE - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

June 3, 2019

Day 40 Rehoboth Beach, DE

Heart 0 Comment 0

We were easy riders today.  There were no attractions or sightseeing stops along the way today, it was just a day for cycling.  We had blue skies, temperatures in the mid 70's and a brisk tailwind.  For a day with nothing to do but pedal, it was just about perfect.

No underground utilities here
Heart 2 Comment 0
We had just a few miles on this road. I don't think we saw a car.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Eight miles into the route, we were back in Delaware.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Delaware gave us the same great shoulders we enjoyed in Maryland.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerDelaware is certainly a forward thinking bike friendly state. You’d see a difference if you went into Virginia along the Chesapeake.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
We stopped at the post office in Greenwood, MD (thought of you, Ken) and met the delightful Claudette. We wish we could spend more time with so many of the people we meet (thinking of you again, Ken and Francie!).
Heart 2 Comment 0
We saw all the same corn and wheat fields and chicken barns we've been seeing for days, but today we saw a little more livestock - horses and cows.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Dairy cows. A farm nearby had a retail creamery next to the barn and was selling a lot of ice cream. The aroma from the barn would not be conducive to enjoying a sweet treat for me!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We're staying at the Anchorage Motel in Rehoboth Beach tonight.  Tomorrow, we take the ferry to Cape May, NJ.

Nice hotels are nice, charming inns are charming and beautiful B&B's are beautiful, but roadside motels are damn convenient.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerThat is a fun ferry. Wave to the Coast Guard Guys.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 1,551 miles (2,496 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0