Day 37 Cambridge, MD - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

May 31, 2019

Day 37 Cambridge, MD

Heart 1 Comment 0

We had some really quiet, almost deserted roads today - but they were all paved!  It was one more day through Maryland (and a little piece of Delaware) farmland.  The views were peaceful and bucolic.  I had some pictures of the roads, but for some reason they didn't come out.

Beautiful farm
Heart 2 Comment 0
Preparing a field for planting
Heart 1 Comment 0
These logs were in someone's side yard
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our place to visit today was the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.  Just before we entered the refuge, we stopped at Blackwater Paddle and Pedal Adventures to see if they had a restroom.  (Almost deserted roads have no convenience stores.)  A group was just getting off their bus.  They were getting ready to go kayaking and then for a bike ride.

These folks were getting ready to paddle. A bike ride was to follow after the kayaking.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerBlackwater is so beautiful. I visited there it was so calm and peaceful. Thought I saw an Eagle too.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Kayaks waiting
Heart 1 Comment 0
No paddling for us today, just pedaling.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerLoaded down and trucking...... sign it..... Smokey and the Bandit.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Here are a few pictures from our ride through the refuge.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After we did the loop through the refuge, we stopped at the Visitor's Center.  June was warm and friendly and happy to have us park our bike RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR!  No grumpy man here.

Safely parked
Heart 1 Comment 0
The lovely - and welcoming - June
Heart 2 Comment 0

Tomorrow is more waterfront resort and less agriculture.  We're ready to see something new.

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 1,423 miles (2,290 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Michael and Diane RuddockEnjoyed all these nice agricultural photos, which look exactly like our area here in Ontario, green and fertile, but it's very windy due to the lack of tree cover.

Michael and Diane
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Lou HarminVery interesting with good country. I enjoy your travels.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago