Day 34 Fenwick Island, DE - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

May 28, 2019

Day 34 Fenwick Island, DE

Visiting friends

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was great.  We got ready to leave the B&B after an excellent breakfast and it started to rain.  Since we had only 37 miles to ride, we just relaxed in the living room and let the rain pass.  In less than 20 minutes, the rain stopped and we went on our way.

We went to the little museum there in Snow Hill.  Julia A. Purnell was a local fabric artist who lived all her 100 years in Snow Hill.  Her son was an avid collector with very eclectic interests.  After his mother's death, he established this museum to showcase her work and display his collection.  It was fun.  There were lots of items of ordinary daily life from the 1800's through the 1950's.

I always have to take pictures of old bicycles - this is a penny farthing
Heart 1 Comment 0
And, some not so old bikes - probably from late 1950's?
Heart 1 Comment 0
I liked reading the recommended treatments for various ailments published in 1747.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At least one of them still makes sense today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a triple cradle.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is a view of the Pokemoke River in Snow Hill. It is popular for kayaking and canoeing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The old drawbridge in Snow Hill. A sign identified it as being on the National Register of Historic Places.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Most of today's ride was the same as the past two days - lots of open farm land and quiet country roads.
Heart 0 Comment 1
This is Adkins Pond at Powellville, MD
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had an exciting first today - it was the first time we have cycled in Delaware.  There was no sign when we entered Delaware.  We had to look at the map on our Garmins.  It's fun to add a state to our list.

We are at our friends' house in Fenwick Island, DE now for two days.

This is Ann. She is every bit as much fun as she appears to be in this picture.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerNice to have friends.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
This is Ann's son, John, and daughter-in-law, Aline. They bike a little :-) and live near us in Crystal River.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Thank you for the warm welcome and delicious dinner.  We are looking forward to spending some time with you all.

Today's ride: 37 miles (60 km)
Total: 1,332 miles (2,144 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Lou HarminGood friends are fun to be with.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago