Day 106 Kamouraska, QC - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2019

Day 106 Kamouraska, QC

Wet and chilly

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's forecast was right.  It rained almost the whole way.  Fortunately, the possible thunderstorms didn't develop.  It was raining when we left and raining when we arrived.  We did get a brief respite for about 15 miles after lunch, so I got a few pictures.

These pictures were taken just south of Riviere-du-Loup. Those dark clouds started dropping rain about 45 minutes later.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stayed at this B&B two years ago. It was one of our favorite nights of that trip.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We left the riverfront shortly after this and were back in farm land - mostly dairy farms and wheat fields.

These fields had just been fertilized with Mother Nature's fertilizer, possibly obtained from the local farms. We smelled it before we saw the fields.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The rows of flowers between the fields were pretty. Based on the surrounding fields, we think this is going to be planted with wheat.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We passed several touring cyclists again today, but it was not a day to stop and chat.  We saw Andre during the rain break, so we pulled over to say hello.  He is from the Netherlands and is doing Canada coast to coast.  He flew to Vancouver and is going to finish in Halifax after about three months on the road.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Distant view of dairy farms in the rain - we rode right into it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Out of focus, but mature wheat field. It started raining minutes after I took this picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We have a rest day in Kamouraska tomorrow.  There's no rain predicted, so we'll get out and explore the town.

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 4,000 miles (6,437 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0