Day 107 Kamoursaka, QC - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 9, 2019

Day 107 Kamoursaka, QC

We enjoyed our rest day in Kamouraska.  We slept late and it was after 10AM before we finally ventured out of our room.  We walked around town and visited some of the shops and galleries.  This is a tourist oriented town and also an art centered community.  Some of the art we enjoyed seeing wasn't in a gallery.

Tree carvings in front of a private home
Heart 1 Comment 0
Historical
Heart 1 Comment 0
Nautical
Heart 1 Comment 0

There were nice views of the river from the main street.

St. Lawrence River
Heart 1 Comment 0

At one of the galleries, a man told us there was a bakery in town which had been named the best bakery in Quebec last year.  Of course, Kerry needed to go there.  After lunch, we walked to the bakery.  We got a couple of things for breakfast tomorrow and a loaf on sourdough bread to have in the room later.

Boulangerie Neimand They say that they grind their own flour each day for that day's baking.
Heart 1 Comment 0
It is such a popular place that they have a guard cat out front to maintain order. She wags her tail like crazy when people walk by, but I didn't see her move anything else.
Heart 1 Comment 0

All that walking and eating required returning to the room for an afternoon rest.  It was a good decision because we had a short rainstorm around 3PM.

We went back out in the early evening to get some meat and cheese to go with our bread for dinner.  We walked up the main street out of town and past some colorful houses with bright gardens along the riverfront.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

It started to look as if we might get another storm, so we turned around, stopped at the grocery for our food and got back to our room to enjoy a dry, cozy evening.

Heart 1 Comment 0
You can really see the rain coming down across the river on the right.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The forecast is for rain showers in the morning, ending around noon.  We plan to stay here until the rain is finished if we can.  We had enough rain yesterday to last us for awhile!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0