We got our bike! - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

May 11, 2018

We got our bike!

Our Rans Seavo joins the family

After months of wondering if it was going to happen, we drove to Montezuma Kansas last Saturday, spent a couple of days working with the wonderful team at Rans, and arrived home with the bike last night.  We had not  been looking forward to driving to Kansas to pick up the bike, but we had decided it would be worth it to have the bike for Two Far 2018.  Once we got to Montezuma and met owners Jerrell and Kara Nichols and machinist, Paul Krieg, we were very glad that we made the trip.  They are the warmest, kindest, most welcoming people you can imagine and they KNOW bike building.  We were very impressed with the knowledge and skill of this team.  After spending two days with them, we made special memories that will always add to our enjoyment of this bike.

Kerry working with the team
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jerrell is a master bike builder!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Team Rans - Paul Krieg, Kara and Jerrell Nichols with Aubree and Dylan. Son Dustin was at the library and missed the picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We took our first ride today and made some seat adjustments.  I think we are going to love this bike.  It is stable, handles well and is really comfortable. It really helps that Kerry has been riding a single high racer recumbent.  We probably won't get in any more practice rides before we head out of Columbus, Ohio on May 17, the first official cycling day of Two Far 2018!

The first ride
Heart 3 Comment 0
Our friend, Aline, observing our skillful bike handling.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0