Vassar and Yale - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

Vassar and Yale

We passed near the town of Vassar today, but we didn't stop to visit. Why bother when our true destination was Yale?

Everyone knows that Yale is located "back east". Sure enough, today we ventured east of our starting point in Columbus Ohio for the first time.

It seems we were too clever by half yesterday when we stayed in Frankenmuth to avoid the rain. Despite the dire forecast, there wasn't much rain yesterday. Today on the other hand was rainy all day (rain day #7 for team A). Consequently, we didn't take any outdoor pictures.

I do have one picture to share from our lunch stop (a very welcome all you can eat salad bar). It seems there is a lot going on at the Eastern Michigan state fair.

Heart 0 Comment 0

I don't understand the suptle differences between a night of destruction, an auto cross bump and run, and a demolition derby. All sound like good fun, all have about the same redeeming social value.

If I had to choose just one of the events at the fair to attend, it would be Wednesday night's Koi Drag Race. Once I got a mental image of goldfish with thick lipstick, tight dresses and high heels racing down the street, I couldn't get it out of my head.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0