Day 67 Yale, MI - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

July 22, 2018

Day 67 Yale, MI

Heart 0 Comment 0

It has been a wet and chilly day.  We're warm and dry in our motel now, but we had miles of rain and wind to get through to get here.  This is one of those motels that you have to appreciate for what it has - a roof, electricity, a real bed,  a bathroom with hot and cold running water and a shower and overlook what it lacks.  The discomfort of today's ride made it easier to appreciate the Sweet Dreams Motel.

We had a good road leaving Frankenmuth
Heart 0 Comment 0
As we were approaching this farm, it really had the aroma of a pig farm, but it turned out to be dairy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
About ten miles into the route, we had several miles of rail trail. It has started to rain by now.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The trail had a long section of boardwalk
Heart 0 Comment 0

At the end of this trail,we found a convenience store and took shelter from a moderate shower for about 30 minutes.  Once the rain passed, we headed back out.  It was chilly, but not raining.

We have been following USBR 20 for a couple of days.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We stopped for lunch with about fifteen miles to go.  Just after leaving the restaurant, we had several more miles of rain, this time with a lot of wind, just to make it more fun.  The rain stopped a few miles before we reached the motel, so we didn't arrive dripping wet.  The owner was very nice and let us put the bikes in an empty room that bare due to renovations in progress.  Tomorrow we will cross the St. Clair river into Canada.

Today's ride: 59 miles (95 km)
Total: 3,072 miles (4,944 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0