Day 68 Wallaceburg, Ontario - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

July 23, 2018

Day 68 Wallaceburg, Ontario

Heart 0 Comment 0

We left Yale this morning and rode south to Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair River.  There is a little ferry that crosses from Algonac, MI to Walpole Island, Ontario that makes for a very easy international crossing.  It costss $2 for the bike and both riders and takes seven minutes to make the crossing.  Our time to get through Canadian customs was less than five minutes.

After yesterday, I was really hoping not to have to ride in the rain again today.  I was lucky!  Clouds were gathering by the time we arrived in Wallaceburg, but no rain fell until after we checked in.  Team A got to enjoy that rain on their walk back from dinner and Kerry got to enjoy it on his walk back from picking up our food at McDonald's.  I got to stay warm and dry in the very comfortable hotel room.

We've seen many recently harvested wheat fields in the last couple of days. There are big bales of straw in some of them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our route took us along the north shore of Lake St. Clair. This is Anchor Bay.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Marina at Anchor Bay
Heart 0 Comment 0
View from the Algonac-Wapole ferry
Heart 0 Comment 0
Team A on the ferry - note the Tim Horton's containers left by an earlier passenger. We're Canada bound for sure!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 3,128 miles (5,034 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Jacques CharronHello Jeanna and Kerry,
You are great and amazing excellent super cycliste!
I finaly find my account to your tour site...I have several days of this trip to catch up....
Your journal is alway the most interesting to read...
Welcome to Canada 🇨🇦 today...
Keep on the good pedalling !
We cheers for you
Best regards from Jacques and Lise 💕👍😜
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Jacques CharronHi Jacques and Lise,
We always enjoy our days in Canada. Thanks for following us. We hope to see you both again soon.
Jeanna and Kerry
Reply to this comment
5 years ago