Day 8 - Team A point of view - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 8, 2016

Day 8 - Team A point of view

On our 8th day we decided to start early. Based on the weather forecast, we are in for another week of record heat in Georgia and around the country. 30 min of sleep were sacrificed and we proudly rolled out of the hotel at 6:30am.

Today was the first day when all four of us were connected via Terrano communication devices. It took some time to get used to it. Alain only lasted for half a day - too much talking for him. Viktoriya kept the link with Jeanna and Kerry going and it manifested as useful feature while discussing stops, food options, route clarifications. It was also extra entertainment while on long boring stretches of the road.

The morning was beautiful – with cool temperature and low amount of traffic on state road 84. In 8 miles our route was supposed to take us off the main road. As we turned left, Kerry noticed the sign: “No through traffic”. No problem. We gathered information from a local shop owner and willing bystanders and came up with workaround.

In another 8 miles, we turned left and continued on a smaller road through beautiful rural South Georgia.

On the road again
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our new road was surrounded by tall shady trees, farms, and limited residential areas.

Rural South Georgia road
Heart 0 Comment 0

All small towns and villages are in a very well maintained condition. The houses and businesses look prosperous.

Some things to note today are beautiful rural roads, courteous drivers, multitude of chicken farms, and various bird houses.

We enjoyed crossing a half mile bridge across the Altamaha River and flood plain.

Altamaha river bridge
Heart 0 Comment 0
Altamaha river bridge views
Heart 0 Comment 0
Altamaha river bridge views
Heart 0 Comment 0

Thanks to our early start and cooler riding conditions, we arrived at the Cheerio Inn motel (Glennville, GA) a little after noon and in good standing.

Enjoyable riding day was completed with dinner in small Mexican Restaurant – Alejandro’s. The food was delicious!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0