Day 2 Mt. Dora to New Smyrna Beach - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 2, 2016

Day 2 Mt. Dora to New Smyrna Beach

We got an earlier start this morning to get some miles in before the heat got too bad. It was a good ride. Most of the day we were on US 44. There was a good bike lane almost all the way and drivers were very courteous. It was fun telling people at our rest stops who asked "Where are you going?" where we are actually planning to go. Some people can't believe it and others wish they could go with us. I didn't take many pictures today. It was just riding along the highway. I do have this one marking the first 100 miles of the trip.

Today's view and marking the first 100 miles
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our motel in New Smyrna Beach is the Buena Vista Inn. It is an older property that is well restored and very comfortable. It has a nice courtyard with chairs and tables, but it's too hot to sit outside this afternoon.

Buena Vista Inn courtyard
Heart 0 Comment 0

Team A has arrived! Welcome Alain and Viktoriya. Tomorrow we head north together and it seems like the real beginning of our adventure.

Team Two Far together and ready for adventure!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Diet Coke Running Tally

334 oz $9.80 (There's a lot of ice in these drinks - it's not as bad as it sounds!)

Today's ride: 57 miles (92 km)
Total: 117 miles (188 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0