Day 11 Point South to Monck's Corner - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 11, 2016

Day 11 Point South to Monck's Corner

Today was the second longest planned mileage of the trip. We rode 82 miles. There were a few miles of bad South Carolina roads and a couple of motorists who let us know they weren't happy to share the road with us, but most of our ride was very pleasant. We passed through mostly rural farm country. I didn't take any pictures today.

Team A knows some people who are part of a group doing a Maine to Florida ride and Viktoriya thought we might pass them today. We met them just south of Monck's Corner and stopped to introduce ourselves and exchange touring stories. They are the first touring cyclists we've talked to on this trip. It is always fun to meet other cyclists on the road. See Team A's post for pictures and more about the group.

After lunch and an afternoon nap, Alain taught us to play a new card game, "Oh, Hell". It was fun to play and particularly enjoyable when I surpassed Kerry's score on the last hand. Alain was the big winner, but it's always a good game when I beat Kerry!

We're getting another early start tomorrow for our 90 mile day. It's the longest day we have planned. Then we'll have a rest day Monday and resume a more leisurely touring pace on Tuesday.

Today's ride: 82 miles (132 km)
Total: 707 miles (1,138 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0