Day 10 Statesboro to Point South, SC - Two Far 2016 - Florida to Ontario: A Round Trip - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2016

Day 10 Statesboro to Point South, SC

We had a longer than average ride today, but it was very comfortable most of the way. It was very foggy when we left Statesboro at 6:30. Traffic was light - and we had lights - so it was not a problem. We had good, smooth roads most of the way. There was a lack of rideable shoulder for many miles, but skillful handling by our captains prevented any problems. We had only one obnoxious driver today. Everyone else was as careful and courteous as the others drivers with whom we've shared the road with this month.

We crossed the Savannah River into South Carolina about 40 miles into today's ride.

State #3!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Happy to get this far
Heart 0 Comment 0

At a rest stop in the tiny town of Robertville, we found a very interesting historical marker.

We just LOVE rules!
Heart 0 Comment 0

It was a long way to the next convenience store, so we stopped for a break on a bridge over the Black Swamp.

The Black Swamp
Heart 0 Comment 0

We arrived at our hotel a little after 1PM and had lunch at Denny's here in the hotel building. It took us a little while to get into our rooms, but it was pretty early, so it was OK. Now we've showered, done the laundry and caught up on the computer stuff and we're ready for another fiercely competitive game of Spades. So far, it's Alain and Jeanna 1, Viktoriya and Kerry 1.

Today's ride: 70 miles (113 km)
Total: 625 miles (1,006 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0