Day 84: Borden-Carleton, PEI to Grand Barachois, NB - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 20, 2017

Day 84: Borden-Carleton, PEI to Grand Barachois, NB

We said good-bye to PEI today and went back into New Brunswick. The first shuttle across the Confederation Bridge is at 10:00AM and we were there ready to go. It was a little challenge getting the tandem on their shuttle bus, but we managed it. We were the only passengers and had a nice ride across the bridge with a very personable shuttle driver. There was maybe a little too much discussion about serious accidents on the bridge, but it was OK.

At the New Brunswick end of the bridge, there is a nice Nature Centre with walking trails and a tower to climb for good bridge views. We checked it all out before we started our ride.

Confederation Bridge from New Brunswick
Heart 0 Comment 0
View of Northumberland Strait
Heart 0 Comment 0
Wild roses were abundant around the Nature Centre.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We rode along the north shore of New Brunswick to the village of Grand Barachois. This area is very Acadian. Everyone we've spoken to has been bilingual, but I think most people here speak French as their first language.

I think we finally have had enough fish and chips for awhile. We both had salads for lunch and we have a rotisserie chicken and potato salad for dinner. I never thought I'd get tired of fish and fries!

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 3,418 miles (5,501 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0