Introduction: We're doing it again! - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

April 10, 2017

Introduction: We're doing it again!

Last year, after a few years of summer touring with our single bikes on the back of the car, we decided to leave the car at home, get on our new tandem and head out for the summer. We traveled with another tandem couple and had a wonderful trip. That story can be found in our journal "Two Far".

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

This year it's just the two of us. (Our touring partners from last summer are off on an international adventure of their own. We'll really miss their company.) We'll be rolling out of our driveway and heading up the Atlantic Coast to Maine. From Maine, we'll loop around the Canadian Maritimes, then head over to Quebec and travel south to Ontario. We'll end our cycling adventure in Buffalo, NY, where we plan to rent a van and drive home to Florida. One of us would have cycled home from Buffalo, but the other one was sure that 5000 miles in eighteen weeks was enough cycling joy for one summer and thus the van plan.

We'll be aboard our Co-Motion Equator which we enjoyed riding last summer. We use front and rear panniers, a tail rider and a handlebar bag all by Arkel.

Heart 0 Comment 0

This will be another credit card tour with routes planned and accommodations reserved in advance. I know a lot of cycle tourists prefer just going day by day and seeing where they end up in the afternoon. We like knowing where we're headed each day and where we're sleeping each night.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0