Day 83: Miscouche, PEI to Borden-Carleton, PEI - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 19, 2017

Day 83: Miscouche, PEI to Borden-Carleton, PEI

We had breakfast at our B&B this morning then walked over to the Musee Acadien which told the story of the French Acadians who settled what is now PEI in the early 1600's. They were expelled in the mid-1700's by the British, then later allowed to return as tenant farmers for British landowners. There is a strong movement here to preserve the French language and Acadian heritage.

Our B&B in Miscouche - the Prince County B&B. The owners winter in Tamarac, FL near Team A.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our ride today was only 25 miles. We rode down to the Confederation Bridge to check out the procedure for getting our shuttle in the morning. The first shuttle is at 10:00AM - about right for us! We rode over to the former ferry landing and toured a small museum there. There ferries ran here until the bridge opened in 1997.

The old ferry dock
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch at a mediocre tourist trap near the bridge, Kerry spent the rest of the afternoon working on the bike so we'll be ready for our long trek across the wilds of New Brunswick.

You can just see the Confederation Bridge in the distance
Heart 0 Comment 0

We have really enjoyed our time here on PEI. It's a place we'd like to re-visit and cycle again - especially if we could get some folks we know from Terra Vista to join us!!

One last picture of PEI potato fields. I've heard people say that the whole island is a garden. That's very close to the truth.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 28 miles (45 km)
Total: 3,365 miles (5,415 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0