Day 69 Macedon NY to Weedsport NY - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2023

Day 69 Macedon NY to Weedsport NY

Thought this was neat
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking down at a sailboat on the canal
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bridge we had to cross to get back on the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thought this was a neat tree
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltLooks can be deceiving... Names as well! Tree of heaven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ailanthus_altissima
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Looking through the bridge to another bridge
Heart 0 Comment 0
The guy telling us about the work on the trail and that the trail really wasn’t closed.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Along the canal trail
Heart 2 Comment 0
The canal
Heart 2 Comment 0
A brewery
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mural on a stone wall
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our last meal before we had to say goodbye to Jim & Jean. Hopefully we can do another bike trip together
Heart 1 Comment 0
Before we had to send Jim & Jean off we were trying to figure out if Hubs and I should stay on the trail or go out on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mike and Sherry came through with Matt who we met the other day
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here is Matt. (I think they are secretly following us)😜
Heart 1 Comment 0
Who knows this might be someone’s “Resort” camper
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bikes, bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bikes everywhere
Heart 1 Comment 0
Loved the barn
Heart 0 Comment 0
These were too cute not to snap a photo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful flowers outside our motel
Heart 1 Comment 0
The brewery we walked to
Heart 0 Comment 0
The list of beers to choose from
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beer Hubs selected and the hard seltzer I picked
Heart 0 Comment 0
The pizza was really good. (Though not as good as Pepe’s)
Heart 1 Comment 0

During the night we had a thunderstorm but the rain had stopped by the time we awoke. It did rain on and off during the day which meant we needed to put on and take off our rain gear. So annoying ! The temperature was 71° when we got up. Jim & Jean would again be riding with us but not for the whole day. They were being picked up by a shuttle to take them back to Brockport to get their car. They planned on 23 miles but if we arrived at the park early they would continue riding with us. We did arrive at the park early so we decided to go get lunch. We ended up eating at Mcdonalds. While we were eating we looked out and it was raining again. They had said it would have stopped by 9:00 this morning but wrong! We had to pay attention on the bike path as some spots were wet and soft. Having the weight on our bikes made it easy to slip. At some points we were on the road which made it easy to get a bit more speed. As we were riding another biker came in the opposite direction. He stopped to tell us that there was a sign showing that the path was closed but it wasn’t. By the time we got to that spot, we noticed the sign showed a man doing maintenance so we continued on. We did see a lot of trees that were cut and there was debris in the path. At one point we all stopped as we weren’t sure if we were supposed to stay on the trail or get on the road. As we were all talking, a few bikers were coming behind us. Turns out it was Matt, Mike and Sherry we met the other day. They are heading to Albany and so are we (at least at this time but things could change). We rode on a bit more when Jim & Jean had to turn around. We had a great time together and wish it could of been longer but we will see them before you know it. Hubs and I continued on and at one point ended up on the road. We had a nice shoulder and were able to pick up the speed. We were going through the town of Clyde and all of a sudden my bike was braking itself. It was the weirdest thing but luckily I wasn’t going downhill or even up hill. Hubs was able to fix it and off we went. We finally made it to the motel and it felt great to get in the shower. Between the rain, humidity and sweat I was glad to feel clean. Tomorrow we head to Canascota NY. 

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 770 miles (1,239 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Phil/Ann DettwilerDespite rain it surely looks like today offered beautiful scenery ….again! Sigh! Hoping you can have some terrific days of great temps, beer, wine and ice cream!!
A&P
Reply to this comment
8 months ago