Bye for Now - Grampies Tour de France Spring 2018 - CycleBlaze

June 30, 2018

Bye for Now

Well, that seems to be the end of the road and the end of the blog for this time out.  Actually, we got to Amsterdam just in time, because Dodie's knees are really kaput now. The latest xrays just came back - ugh. We are hoping that with the first operation now scheduled for August,  she can recover and with some fluid into the other one, be back touring in the Spring. Then with a second operation, she will be back yet again. One big advantage in all this was once noted by Trish Graham - you only have two knees!

Bye for now. We'll be back!
Heart 3 Comment 2
Scott AndersonThanks so much, folks! You’ve given us ideas, once we start seeking flatter pastures. Dottie, best of luck with the surgeries!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Bill ShaneyfeltI hope the knee replacement goes well. And I look forward to the next adventure.

----->Bill
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Mike AylingHope the surgery goes well. Rehab for knees can take quite a while.

Mike
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Mike AylingAt least there is an end point to the pain of post op recovery and rehab. At the moment Dodie is in constant pain with no end in sight until after the surgery. She is one tough cookie and will be working really hard at the rehab and we fully expect that 5 months, maybe 6, after surgery we will be able to ride again.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Suzanne GibsonHi!
That was a great trip. Thanks for sharing!
All the best for Dodie's op! I hope she is out of pain soon. My husband had two total knee replacements (5 and 15 years ago) - both were a complete success. Dodie can look forward to good times.
Suzanne
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Keith KleinHi Guys,
A swift recovery for Dodie would be the best gift ever. Bon courage!
Keith
Reply to this comment
5 years ago