Dalseong to Gumi: Meeting Matias and Camila - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 15, 2017

Dalseong to Gumi: Meeting Matias and Camila

As we were retiring last night, we got a phone call from our business partner back in South Africa reporting an urgent problem that we would need to attend to. So the first thing we did this morning was to book a room at a business motel futher up the trail where we could sit down and work on the problem. Business motels in Korea seem to have great internet connections.

The route today was mostly flat, apart from the usual very short (Soon after the forty kilometer mark we met a charming young Chilean couple, Matias and Camila, who were doing the route in the opposite direction to us (the north-south direction is the standard one because the prevailing winds are from the north). They had been on the road since after getting married about a year and a half ago and had come to South Korea after South East Asia and Taiwan. We must have spoke for about half an hour and they were a fountain of information about the northern part of the Four Rivers Route and also Taiwan, which might be on the horizon for us.

Gleaning information about the trail from Matheus and Amelia
Heart 0 Comment 0
Group photo with Matias and Camila
Heart 0 Comment 0

After that it was a bit of a slog into a stiffening headwind until we got to our motel on the outskirts of Gumi, a dreadful industrial town.

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 1,783 km (1,107 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0