Angjin-ri to Dalseong: A shorter day but there's no avoiding the sharp climbs - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2017

Angjin-ri to Dalseong: A shorter day but there's no avoiding the sharp climbs

We woke up this morning still feeling pretty tired from the two steep hills at the end of yesterday's ride. It not the length of the climbs, which are pretty short, but they have sections of evil steepness. So we thought we might have a shorter day today.

The map showed CU at the K-Water buildings about ten kilometers up the trail so we aimed to have breakfast there. Unfortunately, there wasn't much on the shelves and we ended up having rice porridge with beef (expensive at 3700 Won) which Leigh didn't really enjoy so I got to scoff half of hers. After that we hit the first hill of the day. Much the same as yesterday except this time I had to push at the start of the hill. Once it flattened out (the first section must have been over 20%) I got back on my bike. I find pushing far more uncomfortable than riding.

After that we took it slowly knowing we would be in Dalseong by lunch time where there was a pizza with my name on it. We birded a bit and rested a lot.

A nice resting place along the route.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The second stiff climb was thankfully in shade and wasn't half as bad as the first. Once we were over that it was a gentle ride into Dalseong where we stopped at a Pizza56 for a pizza for lunch.

We've checked in to the Elegance Motel (in name only, I'm afraid to say) where we hope to catch up on rest, work and admin stuff.

Today's ride: 44 km (27 miles)
Total: 1,710 km (1,062 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0