Chuncheon to Guamni: Actually completing the Bukangang side route - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

June 25, 2017

Chuncheon to Guamni: Actually completing the Bukangang side route

As I noted yesterday, Chuncheon didn't grip us so we had no motivation to hang around too long.

The first thing we did this morning was to cycle back into the town and complete the Bukangang route by making a visit to the certification station on the opposite side of the lake.

The most northerly certification station we visited (Chuncheon).
Heart 0 Comment 0

I was nearly taken out by a motorist today. A few kilometers passed halfway through the ride, we noticed a few motorists suddenly using the narrow road on which the Four Rivers Route runs that is a a few hundred meters away from the motorway. It appeared that there had been an accident on the motorway and traffic was pretty much at a standstill. Suddenly a guy in a light commercial vehicle swerved towards me. I managed to get off the road in time, letting out a few choice words, and he braked heavily, stopping beside me. The car that was too close behind him wasn't that fortunate, swerving in the opposite direction and knocking over a pole. I guess we can count ourselves lucky.

Then it was back to Guamni where we checked into the same motel where we had been two nights before.

Today's ride: 69 km (43 miles)
Total: 2,269 km (1,409 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0