Bo Phut to Don Sak: Back onto the mainland - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2017

Bo Phut to Don Sak: Back onto the mainland

After a short swim we cycled to have a look at Bo Phut's big Buddha. Turning off the high street onto the short road to the Buddha produced a remarkable change - suddenly there was no traffic and we were enveloped in a sense of calm.  We were also blessed with the sighting of a pair of Chinese Egrets.

The Big Buddha at Bo Phut
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a quick breakfast of bread and jam before setting off to Nathon to catch the ferry back to Don Sak stopping along the way for a second breakfast of sticky rice and pork satays. Just before Nathon we met a stiff climb of that really worked us over. After that it was an easy run to the ferry port.

Once again we were the last people to board the ferry before it set sail for the mainland.  Apart from the ferry to George Town we have hardly had to wait for a ferry.  This is our tenth ferry crossing so far on this your. 

Once back on the mainland, our short cycle to a motel near Don Sak was curtailed by a sudden downpour. We took refuge in a 7-11, along with most of the motorcyclists who happened to be in the vicinity at the time.

Today's ride: 32 km (20 miles)
Total: 4,348 km (2,700 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0