Bangkok to Bang Bo: No wonder everyone takes the bus - The third step ... The rising sun upon our backs - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2017

Bangkok to Bang Bo: No wonder everyone takes the bus

The plan was to cycle out of Bangkok along the Sukhumvit Road towards the Cambodian border. The reality was that the Sumkhumvit Road is an absolute nightmare and we are not surprised that so many cycle tourists decide to catch a bus out of Bangkok when heading east.

The first twelve kilometers were fine, in fact, quite enjoyable, but as we turned down towards the Sukhumvit Road things started to go pear shaped. The road was really busy (although we never felt in any danger) and the route was so ugly it made the industrialized parts of South Korea look like a picture postcard.

Eventually, near Bang Pu, after about 43 kilometers we decided to get off the Sukhumvit Road and headed north up the 3256 and then turned eastwards on the 3268. We found a hotel near the route 34 called the Chai and and taken refuge for the rest of the day.

The view back towards Bangkok from Bang Bo
Heart 0 Comment 0

What is amazing is that while sitting here drinking a beer, we agree that even after the pretty crap day we have had, this is still the way we want to live our lives.

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 5,375 km (3,338 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0