Cochrane - The eighth step ... Patagonia etc once more. - CycleBlaze

January 18, 2020

Cochrane

Miracles do happen.  The plan was for me to cycle back to Puerto Betrand to buy a few days' worth of food but while making coffee early this morning a flat bed Hyandai vehicle, commonly used by farmers around here, arrived in the camp.  It was the owner looking for his "agent" (who had once again disappeared late yesterday afternoon).  I asked him if he was going to Cochrane and the answer was yes but he was in a hurry.  So without packing anything up, apart from flattening the tent, we threw it all onto the back of the truck and off we sped.  While we were "packing" his wife screamed at him and sounded the hooter frantically, as if that could help us load our stuff onto the vehicle any faster!  We spent the next three quarters of an hour trying shove loose items into panniers, hoping that nothing had been left behind, and he finally dropped us off at the rodeo ground on the south side of Cochrane.  The reason for the rush?  He had the key to the gates and  this is a big weekend for rodeo in the village!  We had obviously not caused too much of a delay because his wife was all smiles when we thanked them for the ride and said good bye.

We are going to rest here for a few days to allow Leigh to get back on her feet.  We catch the ferry from Yungay in a week's time so we have no pressure.  We also have a bit of work to do so it has all turned out quite nicely.

Today's ride: 2 km (1 miles)
Total: 954 km (592 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0