Na Wong - The sixth step ... Back to SE Asia - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2019

Na Wong

We had a great night's rest at Vanilla Ville and headed out just before the sun rose this morning.  We stopped to enjoy our first breakfast at the gates of the local museum which is located in the grounds of a Wat just south of the town.  Pork satays and sticky rice in the company of a couple of elephants.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then it was on down highway 4.  We had suspected that today was going to be a boring grind and so it was.  However, the monotony of the four lane highway was broken by this lovely Chinese temple, complete with rotund Buddha and an ornate pagoda.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Now that we are out of the tourist areas we are being assailed with greetings as we cycle (usually a loud "hello" and not "sawardee") and approached and spoken to when we stop.  Despite the boring road it feels like we are back in Thailand again.

The strong easterly wind was making cycling quite unpleasant and just before the junction with the 4159 we stopped for a nice lunch at a road side plastic chair (40 baht krapao moo with pepper soup, nam kaeng and a chat all thrown in at no extra charge) before carrying on another kilometer or so to the Modern Grand Resort, a pretty standard 24 hour motel.  You can't miss it - just look out for the giant pink dinosaur.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we will turn back to the 4159 and take the back roads to Trang.

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 729 km (453 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0