On to the Big Sky State - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

September 2, 2021

On to the Big Sky State

We broke camp this morning and headed north some more toward Montana. It was a mercifully short drive - less than 4 hours which is less stressful for us. 

The air quality was good on the drive up and I enjoyed traveling past different towns that are located on the Trans-Am route like Dillon. We stayed on the interstate and didn't spend time wandering around.

By noon, we had arrived at our next camping spot - the Butte KOA. While Don worked on setting us up again, I did 3 loads of wash. One of the ammenities of KOA's are their laundries. Very handy! 

By the evening, smoke had moved into this area so we weren't able to sit outside and enjoy our patio. 

We sure hope that there is less smoke over the next few days as we hope to do some riding.

This is the high school in Shelley, ID. Sure looks like a potato cellar, doesn't it?!
Heart 0 Comment 0
At our new campsite at the Butte KOA, we have our own concrete patio and a potted plant. Perfect spot for our dance floor and Don to enjoy a beverage!
Heart 1 Comment 2
Kathleen JonesLove those recliners. I got one last summer and spent most of the non-smoky days in one in our backyard. When it was hot and smoky I brought it inside so I could lie in front of a fan when all the windows were closed (no AC). And - they fold! So perfect for an RV.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Kathleen JonesThese chairs are so comfortable that Don frequently takes his afternoon nap in one!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Welcome to Montana
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0