North to the potato state - The Adventures of Garfield and Tango - CycleBlaze

August 30, 2021

North to the potato state

Coalville, UT to Shelley, ID

Today was our day to move north into Idaho. I was up early - 4 am - for some reason, I guess anticipating the trip. 

Once we had breakfast, we started the breaking camp process which so far has taken us about an hour and a half. It didn't help that it was barely 40 degrees out and Don said all of the hoses/electrical line were icy cold! Normally he does the outside stuff and I batten down everything inside so stuff doesn't get jounced off the counters while traveling.

It was a little before 10 am when we finally were hitched up and heading north to Idaho. It was still very hazy out but unfortunately we discovered that the haze and smoke followed us all the way past the border.

We had a shorter drive today, which we appreciated and arrived at our destination before 2 pm. We're staying for a few days at North Bingham County Park near Shelley, ID. It's a very small RV park and so far is very quiet with few campers.

After we had unhitched and hooked up our water and electrical line, we drove up to Idaho Falls to a Walmart to restock. It was very busy with few people wearing masks which is what we've been seeing since leaving Denver. 

But we were both very tired by the time we got back to camp. I told Don we shouldn't do the shopping like that again after a day of travel. Don grilled some steak and veggies, and then we both crashed.

It looks like the poor air quality will be with us for the next few days. 

This was our view in the truck as we crossed the border into Idaho. Not good!
Heart 0 Comment 0
I neglected to take a picture when we were at the dance in Salt Lake so had Don assume his position when we dance the tango.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezThat's a great shirt!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Kelly IniguezYes, that's one of his favorite shirts! We have awful cell coverage here and thus poor internet even with our boosters. So don't be surprised if we don't post anything for a couple of days until we get to Butte, MT when hopefully we'll have better coverage.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Maureen HollandLove the Tshirt, Don. Sorry about all that haze and smoke. Hope it clears soon.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kathleen JonesDo you know about the Purple Air website to check air quality? It’s a network of home air quality sensors. (https://purple air.com/map). In the little dialog box for map data, select the conversion drop-down menu for Woodsmoke (might default to US EPA). In that same dialog box you can turn off inside sensors. I think I’ll make a post about this for the forum.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago