Riding the Sky’s of Lake Garda - Scaling the Alps to the Italian Lakes - Tally Gals - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2023

Riding the Sky’s of Lake Garda

We traveled from the northern tip of Lake Garda to the southern end today where we will be for the next week. Our bus ride from Riva del Garda to Desenzano was really interesting we saw kite surfers, wind surfers, and traversed tunnels that were miles and miles long. The mountains come right down to the edge of the lake and the tunnels allow traffic to flow around the lake through the mountain. The tunnels were very narrow with sloped roofs and it was amazing that our bus driver made it through unscathed. Even more amazing is that the cyclists we saw biking that road made it through unscathed…. Traffic was moving fast and the way was very narrow.

Our bus took us down the shore of Lake Garda
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Kite surfers and wind surfers out on the lake
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kite surfers and wind surfers dancing on the wind
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today there was an air show in Desenzano and the terrace of our hotel was the perfect place to watch the show. We saw 10 planes flying in formations zooming by us rolling and looping.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

At one point in the program they played the Italian national anthem and three men on the terrace joined in and sang along in operatic voices. Then the planes came roaring back trailing red, green and white smoke in a patriotic gesture.


Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Later on we walked along the passeggiata a Lago toward the town center.

The beach behind our hotel looking toward town
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The hotel pool was a little chilly but refreshing
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0