World Class - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

May 3, 2019

World Class

Flower Auction and return to Amsterdam

This morning we were on our bikes at 6:45 am, yes am, to go to the flower auction in Aalsmeer. This flower market receives flowers from all over the world and sells and ships them all over the world. 60% of the worlds flowers go through this auction and a large proportion of those flowers are grown in Holland. The auction was organized chaos, to put it briefly. People on carts were zooming through giant warehouses getting the flowers to where they needed to go.

There are thousands of carts with flowers and plants in multiple warehouses.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerIf I’m not mistaken, this market is the Rose Parade floats flower supplier.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Flowers are moved around the warehouse on big carts.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
The warehouses were huge with carts and trains of carts zipping around.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Where the buying and selling takes place. Here and over the web.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Back to the boat for a quick sail.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Back on the bikes through small towns north of Amsterdam.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Holding hands with Rembrandt. Surely his talent will rub off....
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our last evening on the boat. All of us, Crew and guests.
Heart 6 Comment 0

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 1,486 miles (2,391 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Helen SchillingI have loved your blog. It is not only interesting but very informative. This has been a fun week for us at home. Cassie is helping me write. She is being a good girl. Keep them coming.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Sandy OsteenLove the flowers, Marcia already has talent! Looks like a fun group, now on to the next adventure!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Jane FletcherTo Helen SchillingGlad you and Cassi are enjoying the blog. We arrived in Passau Germany today. Heading out on our own tomorrow. Met some of Jane Ann’s relatives today.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Susan JamesYou really should get a commission from these vendors because I plan to use them. Great, great blog.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jane FletcherTo Susan JamesThanks! We enjoyed doing the blog and not only can it be useful to others but our family and friends could follow along with us, and after the trip it serves as a journal to look back at our trip. I highly recommend it.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago