We’re off on our bikes - Undulating Hills- grades up to 20% - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

We’re off on our bikes - Undulating Hills- grades up to 20%

Let the riding begin!  Connor, from ROW Adventures, got us all fitted, adjusted, pumped up and ready to go.  Six on ebikes and 6 on regular bikes.  A beautiful ride looking down on the river.  LOTS of hills for a round trip of 32.3 miles out to Nine Mile Falls and back! Maneuvered detours through Spokane, a lunch at the Tin Cup, first flat tire, wildlife spotting and fabulous scenery.   Couldn’t have been a better start.  

Image not found :(
Getting everything ready to go on the bikes!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Waiting for the Row Adventures van and our bikes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Anxiously waiting for our bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Connor with Row Adventures getting the bikes out of the trailer and ready to ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Checking out the bikes, making sure the bikes were ready to ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Excited and ready to go!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Checking the route with Connor. There are a few detours for construction and Connor explained how to navigate those spots. He also rode with us through the spot with the largest detour right in Spokane.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Last minute preparations
Heart 0 Comment 0

All twelve of us plus Connor ready to set off on our western bike adventure. Tires all pumped, e-bikes all mastered and ready to go.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Connor from Row Adventures led us through Spokane around a construction detour to get us started on the right track!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our ride today was on the Centennial Trail from Spokane North to Nine Mile Falls.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
This area is in extreme danger to wildfires. It has been unusually hot and very dry this summer.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Gorgeous scenery along the Spokane river
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heading into the forest
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
First potty break. The trail has a good number of trail entrances and pit toilets scattered along the route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Spokane’s version of the tin man we encountered along the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Even more gorgeous views on the river
Heart 0 Comment 0
A military cemetery along the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Heart 1 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The tin cup, our stop for lunch in 9 mile falls. There aren’t actually any falls except for water rushing over the dam.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Heart 0 Comment 0
Securing bikes at the tin cup
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yum, sippin a root beer float! Aren’t they cute!😊
Heart 2 Comment 0

Lunch at the Tin Cup
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tonight the Tin Cup is having live music by The Rusty Nails and the Hammers…..
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hmmmm….. we were hoping that this was one of the weeks it was cleaned 7 times per week….
Heart 0 Comment 0

The trail map. At the trailheads there would often be maps of the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Our first flat! Everyone gathered around to help out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Working on fixing the flat. Everyone pitched in and helped out. It was great to be riding with such a great group.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0

Reseating the wheel after fixing the flat.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0

We saw deer twice on our ride. A single deer and a group of three.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Image not found :(
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying the ride, the company and the fabulous scenery!
Heart 0 Comment 0

The ride was great, beautiful scenery, great friends, lots of twisty turns downhills and also lots of uphills. In our 32 miles we climbed about 1700 feet. Some of the climbs were a pretty steep grade. The garmin said that one particular hill included some parts with a 20% grade. Another hill was named the doomsday hill. It was pretty long and near the end of the ride, though the grade wasn’t terribly steep. One other hill was listed as the Aubrey White Puke Inducer hill in Strava… 🤮🤢 Not sure which one that was….


Image not found :(
Back to Spokane
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our route today from Spokane to Nine Mile Falls
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting back to Spokane, the Monroe street bridge
Heart 0 Comment 0

Back to Spokane, some gathered food for tomorrow, some did laundry, and some enjoyed wine and margaritas. The Pavillion was giving a light show and Spokane got a little much needed rain.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we head in the other direction on the Centennial Trail to Coeur d’Alene. Looking forward to another great day on the bikes!

Today's ride: 32 miles (51 km)
Total: 908 miles (1,461 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0