We Are Here! - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

April 24, 2019

We Are Here!

Only the Best for Us

An all night flight with no sleep and a mad 2 mile walk/rush to make it to the bike shop before closing at 2:00p.m., all is well that ends well. Bikes, although well used, seem to be working okay. The price was definitely in our budget. We had a unique experience keeping track of bikes, cars, and pedestrians as multiple lanes merge and flow. The red lanes are bike lanes. And guess what? Bikes have the right of way except for busses and trams and motorcycles share the bike lanes. Bikes are everywhere! Our tour begins Saturday.

Our bike salesmen.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Entrance to the bike shop.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The group with their new very used bikes.
Heart 7 Comment 0
The bikes on their way to the bike garage at the hotel.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Entrance to bike garage.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 4 miles (6 km)
Total: 1,637 miles (2,634 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Mary Anne KoosAll black, very chic!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Mike AylingHow many, Euros for a well used bike?

Mike
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Jane FletcherTo Mike Ayling275 euros for well used bikes. We found that it was cheaper than renting or bringing our own bikes.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Mike AylingTo Jane FletcherThank you Jane

Mike
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Kathleen ClassenThe bikes look great. We feel fortunate that Air Canada only charges $50 each way for our bikes...in US dollars that is only $75 dollars round trip. The trade off is the boxing of the bikes and reassembly that is required. We will enjoy following your trip. Have fun!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Susan JamesWhat a great tip about buying a used bike in Amsterdam. It never occurred to me to do that instead of bringing my own bike.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jane FletcherTo Susan JamesWe costed out bringing our own bikes, renting bikes and purchasing used bikes. The used bikes were the least expensive option. We had also heard stories of peoples expensive bikes being stolen in Amsterdam so that was another thing that led us to purchase the used bikes. It worked well for us.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago