Van Gogh-ing today - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

April 26, 2019

Van Gogh-ing today

Lines, daubs of paint and slashes of vibrant color filled our morning as we explored the Van Gogh museum and the work of both David Hockney and Vincent Van Gogh in a special exhibit.  Did you know that Hockney now 81 not only paints daily but uses an iPad to create wall sized digital artworks? These artworks remaine true in style to his nature and landscape paintings. He’s developed an amazing digital and traditional media mark making vocabulary to capture nature much as did Van Gogh. The  paintings of both artists were wonderful and engaging. We each had our favorites but all loved the museum. 

Entrance to the David Hockney and Van Gogh special exhibition at the Van Gogh Museum.
Heart 0 Comment 0

On the way there we took a video of the bike traffic along the street.  On the main street  there is two way car traffic with double trolly tracks in the middle, then there are bike lanes on both sides of the outside of the road and then walkways outside of the bike lanes. Crossing these wide busy streets can be pretty tricky because there are separate lights for each part of the street. You could be walking across the street and the light in front of you may turn red so you can’t continue crossing until it turns green again and you are stuck out in the middle of the road on a skinny island.

We spent the rest of the day getting set for our bike tour which officially begins tomorrow. We did laundry, replaced the worn out panniers that came with our bikes, made sure they fit, switched bike seats as needed, and stocked up on rain gear since it looks like the weekend will be wet. 

Tomorrow morning we will pack everything on our bikes and head for the Zwaan which will be our floating home away from home for the next 8 days.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 0