Day 3 - Fairport to Seneca Falls - Tally Gals Bike Adventures - CycleBlaze

July 12, 2022

Day 3 - Fairport to Seneca Falls

Day three and ready to go, 50 miles to go before we can sleep.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today’s morning rest stop, hosted by local Kiwanis

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Two of about 20 murals painted along the route. We happened by a family of artists painting one of the murals.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Several times today when we were riding on roads rather than a separated trail the biking area was separated by double white lines and in this instance also some rumbles.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is a change bridge, it’s sole purpose was to let mules go from one side of the canal to the other when the tow path moved to the other side.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An impromptu rest area in Newark where the residents had cold water for us as well as some swag like shoe laces and headbands…
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Much of our riding today was shaded along narrow stone dust trails.
Heart 1 Comment 0
One of the many locks along the canal
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Nice lunch break in the shade on the town square in Clyde with a nice breeze.   However, the “nice breeze” was crazy wind for the rest of the ride! The ride from Clyde to Seneca falls was through beautiful pastoral landscapes but we had a super strong wind from the side that was strong enough to literally move us over!

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Camping and dinner were in Seneca Falls a cute little canal-side town. We were lucky enough to have a local make dinner reservations for us and show us around the town. 

Along the canal in Seneca falls
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Womens National Hall of Fame Museum.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our route today
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 279 miles (449 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0