Kranjska Gora to Bovec. - Summer in Slovenia 2023 - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2023

Kranjska Gora to Bovec.

The decision is taken out of our hands

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 5
ann and steve maher-wearyWow again, too much, too fast.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraHa ha. Yes. The weather forecast looking ahead looks quite interesting. Hopefully we're able to dodge most of it.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Christy McTaitVancouver is getting about three days of rain, which is great for the forests, although it's pretty mild to what you guys are seeing.
Here's to being flexible 😁
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Christy McTaitAgreed. BC needs rain. The weather here seems to be improving 🙂
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Rachael AndersonSorry about the weather!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 2 Comment 0

The severe thunderstorms and biblical rain this morning made this an easy decision for us.  We're taking the shuttle.   

As I write this entry, the rain is pelting off the roof and skylight window and there are rivers of water running down the street.  The gutters of the houses are spilling over, and lightening illuminates a very dark sky.  Cascading booms of thunder echo off of the mountains and roll down the valley.  I can honestly say, I have not seen rain like this in a very long time.  And, being from Vancouver, that says a lot.  It's bad out there.

I actually feel better about taking the shuttle now because there is no way we'll be riding bikes anywhere today.

We just finished breakfast, and spent most of the time eating in silence as we watched in awe at the worsening storm.  Now, all we have to do is pack up and wait for the shuttle which arrives at 9:15am.  It's about an hour drive to Bovec.  Hopefully, there will be a break in the storm so that we can get out for a walk at least.  Sorry folks.  No biking related content today.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rachael AndersonHow lucky there’s a shuttle!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Rachael AndersonPhew. It sure saved the day. I suppose we could have stayed an extra day, but as you both well know, it's not as easy to do when you're hotelling it. Cancellations have a ripple affect for the remainder of our accomodations.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago