In Maribor. - Summer in Slovenia 2023 - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2023

In Maribor.

Our two night stay in Maribor was a nice break in the trip.  We wish we could say that we took in all the sights, and visited all of the highlights of this town, like the oldest vine in the world, for example.  Who wouldn't want to miss that?

We really spent our day off lazing around and enjoyed brief walks around the old town center.  We did some laundry, watched some of the Women's Tour de France, and enjoyed afternoon cocktails in the shade; just watching the world go by.  That's what days off the bike are for, after all.  We hardly took any photos, but I am including a few below. 

Just entering the old town. Maribor.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Maribor.
Heart 4 Comment 0
We went to the top of a building for a drink. The bar was called Luft, and had expansive view of the city below.
Heart 5 Comment 2
Christy McTaitIf I could give you more than one heart for this one, I would, but then I bet so would you :)
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Christy McTaitAwe. Thanks Christy.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 3 Comment 0
The view.
Heart 5 Comment 2
Christy McTaitThat's a stunning vista, how nice to enjoy that on a bike day off!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Christy McTaitIt was a beautiful spot for an afternoon drinkie-poo!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Early morning walk.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Scott AndersonThe best time to see a town.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 3 Comment 0
Maribor.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Maribor.
Heart 6 Comment 0
This was the main restaurant strip. We ate at a Bosnian restaurant named Baščaršija that appeared to be very popular. So, we booked a reservation and had an excellent meal here last night.
Heart 2 Comment 0
In the Maribor cathedral.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The postman busy at work.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Door in Maribor.
Heart 3 Comment 0
The Stari Most bridge and the Drava River. Built in 1913.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Watching the world go by.
Heart 5 Comment 0
In Maribor.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Maribor.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today, we have a very short ride to Ptuj just downstream.  A flat ride of only 30kms.  We'll have to dawdle as our check in for our room is not until 2pm, so we'll just take our time. Once we arrive in Ptuj, this will be as far east as we'll go. From here we begin to head west once again.  

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Rachael AndersonWhat a great place to stay to enjoy a well earned break!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Scott AndersonIf you’ve got time in Ptuj, you might make it up to the church on top of Ptujska Gora, the small hill across the river. Worth it for the church itself, nd for the views back toward town.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Patrick O'HaraTo Scott AndersonThanks for the tip. We'll check it out if we have time.
Reply to this comment
9 months ago