Peñaflor - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

April 7, 2022

Peñaflor

We had hoped to have escaped the busy roads as we had experienced between Granada and Córdoba but unfortunately the traffic on today's ride was just as heavy.  That is certain to change once we leave Sevilla so we will just suck it up for now.

Apart from one longish climb it was an easy ride.   Tomorrow is a bit longer but promises to be pretty flat.  This doesn't make for interesting riding but the objective is to get to Sevilla.

Once again it was pretty chilly when we hit the road and we were wrapped up warmly until we stopped for lunch at around the halfway mark just outside the town of Posadas.   At this point the sun broke out and we were at last able to take off our jackets, buffs and warm gloves.

The leftovers of the previous night's curry stuffed in a bread roll always makes a good lunch. Today's was taken alongside a newly plowed field using the old gate posts as a picnic table.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Since Granada to countryside has changed quite a bit, from olives to grain and now we are in orange country.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A few kilometers before Palma del Rio we came across this grove of palm trees. It seemed as if belonged on a different continent.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Between Palma del Rio and Peñaflor we crossed into Sevilla province.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first thing we noticed when we arrived in Peñaflor was the old textile factory. In this photo, taken from our digs, it is the rather grand looking but derelict building to the right of the picture. The large yellow building that looks a bit like a church is the train station.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had booked a small apartment for the night but our hosts have upgraded gratis to an enormous house.  We feel like two peas in a can and don't know what to do with all the space.  It stretches over three floors - our bicycles are on the floor below us and our laundry on the floor above us.  

Today's ride: 60 km (37 miles)
Total: 408 km (253 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0