Mellid - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

May 9, 2022

Mellid

Another short but hilly day starting off with a stiff climb of about a hundrd and fifty meters again.  We're getting used to it - Galicia is lumpy land.

We spend a great deal more on the Camino than yesterday.  There were far fewer pilgrims, most of whom were carrying full backpacks.  I guess the weekend warriors are back at work today.

We met quite a few English speaking pilgrims today from various parts of the old Commonwealth.  With us traveling against the flow and the South African flag visible on my handle bar bag they seemed to pick us out.

Cows, plantations and hills.
Heart 1 Comment 0
At least there was no traffic.
Heart 2 Comment 0
A few more Galician hills.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Dodging pilgrims.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The occasional unexpected obstacle. This one a very simple bridge across a stream.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We are in a rather cramped and noisy albergue in the main street of Mellid.  A change from the peace and quiet of yesterday's rural digs.  Mellid is the junction of the Ruta Frances and the Ruta Primitivo which means there should slightly less oncoming traffic on the Camino from here (although the numbers on the Primitivo are only a fraction of that on the Frances).  I'm guessing that we are heading for Portomarín tomorrow.  Still rather hilly but we don't have to rush.  

Today's ride: 36 km (22 miles)
Total: 1,576 km (979 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0