A Coruña - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

May 8, 2022

A Coruña

Today was meant to be a rest day and that what it was in the main.  The ten percent climb out of Santiago was the only tough bit but from there to hamlet of A Coruña was mostly easy riding.  First of all on the Camino going against the constant stream of pilgrims finishing the Ruta Frances (I hazard a guess that most of them were walking the minimum required distance of a hundred kilometers) and for the last few kilometers on the N-547 alongside which the Camino runs.

YAG, a modern one this time.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A rather unfortunate name for a cleaning company given that it is on the Camino full of struggling walkers.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Separatism, once again.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our digs for the night is a modern and well run Albergue in A Coruña, just outside O Pedrouzo (the Galego names really mess with my brain).  Not sure yet where we will be tomorrow.  The route for the next hundred kilometers is going to be hilly and full of pilgrims coming from the opposite direction.  We will have to play it by ear.

Today's ride: 19 km (12 miles)
Total: 1,540 km (956 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Tricia GrahamWe walked a good part of the Camino backwards and it seemed every 100m or so someone would come out oft their house and tell us we were going in the wrong direction !!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Tricia GrahamHa ha. I am hoping that by being on a bicycle that we might be passed them before they can try and turn us around.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago