Pallas de Rei - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

May 10, 2022

Pallas de Rei

I felt a bit off colour yesterday and woke up soon after falling asleep last night with a sinus headache.  Noisy folk coming in late and a very uncomfortable bed didn't help.  I didn't want to wake Leigh up so that I could have a headache tablet so I ended up getting very little sleep.  So we decided to have an easy day.  Almost all of today's ride was on the Camino and at times it was pretty difficult avoiding the pilgrims coming from the opposite direction.  Going slowly we spent quite a bit of time chatting to various pilgrims so from that aspect it was quite enjoyable.  Much of the ride was on steep and rough surfaces so it was hard going - Leigh said that the fifteen kilometers felt like fifty.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

On our arrival in Pallas de Rei it quickly became clear that accommodation was at a premium and all the albergues in town, of which there are many, were fully booked.  We resigned ourselves to wildcamping (something I was actually looking forward to) but just outside the town we came upon an large albergue that was relatively empty.  Opposite the albergue was a park where a lady at a tourist kiosk said we could camp if we wanted and the hostalero said that if we paid the eight Euro fee we could use the full facilities of the albergue and sleep either in the beds allocated to us or in our tent in the park.  Leigh has overridden me on sleeping in the tent but there are a few noisy folk here too so we just might end up in the tent later.

Today's ride: 16 km (10 miles)
Total: 1,592 km (989 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0