Burgersdorp - The tenth step ... SISA Episode II - CycleBlaze

April 20, 2021

Burgersdorp

Today was quite a bit cooler than it has been recently and we rode under grey skies all the way to Burgersdorp.  We even had a few drops of rain with a few kilometers to go.

The first part of today's ride seemed to be an endless climb, although a glance at the elevation profile confirms that it wasn't.  On cresting the last rise at around the twenty kilometer mark we looked down on a flattish plain over which enjoyed pleasant and easy cycling for another twenty kilometers.  Then we had two longish but easy climbs before Burgersdorp before dropping down into the town itself.  We headed first to the local Spar to pick up some food and beers before struggling up the little hill to The Hut, where we had stayed last month.

Twenty kays of easy riding ahead of us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One feature of today's road was the clean state in which we found the roadside picnic spots.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cresting the second last climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I need to finish the bit of work that I didn't manage to complete in Zastron so we will be spending two nights here.  We're not quite sure what route we will take from here but we will work one out over the next day or so.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 58 km (36 miles)
Total: 1,672 km (1,038 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0