6th Day, West Newton to Ohiopyle. - Go And Pedal the GAP Trail, Sept 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2022

6th Day, West Newton to Ohiopyle.

Okay so this was the 6th day, and we were both tired. We didn't leave until about 10:30 AM to give Debi a little more time to sleep but also because the Ohiopyle Suites won't let you check in until 4 PM. So we didn't just want to wait around Ohiopyle until 4 PM. 

Happy spirits starting off, but we are both tired.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of the first times that we actually saw someone on the river. Our trip up to Pittsburgh, we didn't see anyone on the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0
From parts of Frostburg and north, we are on the old Pittsburgh & Lake Erie rail lines.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were multiple places to camp along the trail. Some very rugged, and others with some facilities. This wasn't for us at our age. :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
This big tree was down coming North, but it looks like a crew got out there and cut it all down. We were hoping for this so we didn't have to take our bikes apart again and carry them over.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After 26 miles and a little tired we arrived in Connellsville, which had an awesome restaurant (closed the time we came through going North) called "Kickstand Kitchen".
Heart 0 Comment 0
People in Pennsylvania put fries on their salads. How awesome and fattening is that? :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
I didn't even try to be good about my eating. An Italian sub with fries and I ate every last speck on my plate.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had to pop out of the restaurant quickly because it started to rain. Geez. Most of our days were with rain, and September is supposed to be the driest month of the year for them. You can see the water bead up on my rain jacket.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Of course, yet another scenic bridge to go over. Just so many cool things on the GAP trail, and we want to do it over again some day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We finally arrived in Ohiopyle where the falls are located and I had to experience the salad with fries on top. :) Oh yes, it was good!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
And the Ohiopyle Coffee Company was open and I HAD TO GET A COLD BREW coffee. Come on!!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Ohiopyle falls again. So cool.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another farther out look from the falls.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Yep, this is the way I felt after our 6th day and 42 miles, carrying a 60 lb bag behind us. Done for the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 228 miles (367 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0