7th Day, Ohiopyle to Meyersdale. - Go And Pedal the GAP Trail, Sept 2022 - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2022

7th Day, Ohiopyle to Meyersdale.

Ohiopyle Coffee Company was surprisingly a very good place for cold brew coffee. Almost felt like I was in civilization. I was definitely tired after 6 days of riding, and probably should have planned a recovery day on the 7th day. Kind of like God rested on the 7th day after creating the world -- Sabbath. :)
Heart 0 Comment 0
We didn't see many people using the river, but we saw these guys doing som fly fishing out on the river having parked their canoes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was raining from the time we started in the morning from Ohiopyle. Another day where it looks to be raining for most of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The City of Confluence and Mitch's Fuel and Food!! Such a great place to eat 10 miles away from Ohiopyle. I had very little to eat so I was super hungry. I think I ate my eggs, sausage and 3 pancakes in like 5 minutes. No joke!!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another look at our rig. Yes, that bag is like 60 lbs of weight. Super heavy and carrying just about everything we have.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another beautiful bridge and river below. Even in the rain it is beautiful.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Picture of another amazing river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I take time to stop (while it is rainy) to enjoy the scenery. We've been in rain so much that, and we have good enough jackets that we don't even care any more.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Still having a great time.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Numerous tunnels. So cool how this GAP Trail has all these features available and in so many ways it keeps you disconnected from the cars, roads, railroads and rivers that are strewn throughout the area.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just outside of Rockwood, PA, there was a waterfall just off the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We rested at this waterfall just to take it in. I had to take off my jacket because my shirt was soaked from sweat and not from rain. These jackets are supposed to be breathable, but I guess not enough for me. :)
Heart 0 Comment 0

In Rockwood, PA there was nothing open because it was a Sunday. Yes, they do that here in rural Pennsylvania. The only thing open was the gas station down the hill, and they had pizza, sandwiches, cheese, iced tea, etc. We thought it was a luxury because we were both so hungry. We should have got pictures, but we were probably so wet and tired at this point because we only had 10 more miles left on our trip. 

The Salisbury Viaduct just outside of Meyersdale is long and spectacular. Wow!! Second time over this and we still had to stop and check it out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I am seeing the end with this last tunnel before Meyersdale.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We made it to Meyersdale. We had to use a lot of our battery assist because we were both so tired, and we actually used up all the battery. We are both so glad to be done for the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had to stop at the local ice cream shop. We can eat just about anything while we are riding. Debi and I taking advantage of the apple pie cream sundae.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 270 miles (435 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0